Friday, March 23, 2007

Grandma, we will miss you


On March 17, Grandma Heinrichs suddenly passed away in the hospital. I am thankful for all the great years I was able to have with her, and the blessing she has been to all of us, family and friends. She will be greatly missed. Easter will be different when it rolls around in a few weeks. She loved having the family together. She was a woman of great faith, right to the end she was an example of a strong Christian. Though her stroke may have made her jumble her words, she spoke clearly when she prayed. Even with 7 children and their spouses, 26 grandchildren, and 4 great-grandchildren, she always knew what was going on in our lives. I will miss her dearly at our wedding. Her 55 years of marriage didn’t just happen, and I look to her and grandpa as an inspiration in this world of broken families as Heather and I prepare to be wed ourselves. Please keep the family in your prayers, especially Grandpa. We can rejoice that now she can be with her daughter, our dear Aunt Marilyn, whom we all miss. We rejoice, knowing she is in Heaven, and what a wonderful place it is.
"Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised." Job 1:21

3 comments:

alyssa.86 said...

That was a really touching note about your Grandma. I lost my Grandpa a month ago, and I know how hard it is to lose someone you love so much.

alyssa.86 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alyssa.86 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.